Cauliflower Mashed “Potatoes”
1 medium to large head of cauliflower
1 to 2T vegetable broth
3 cloves garlic – chopped fine
½ tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
Parmesan added after to taste. Guests can add when served.
Chives or parsley as garnish
*Can add 1 to 2 T cream cheese for a creamier potato if preferred
- Boil a large pot of water with a steamer attachment
- Clean and separate the cauliflower. Once water is boiling, steam cauliflower.
- Once cauliflower is soft (easily can poke a fork into – about 8 to 10 minutes) remove from heat.
- Add steamed cauliflower, garlic, salt and pepper to a food processor or bowl to “mash”. If you are using cream cheese – add at this point. As you mash/blend – add broth a little at a time to get desired consistency. Too much will cause your cauliflower to be too liquid.
- Season to taste as you go along.
- Garnish with chives or parsley.
- Best served warm.