Gluten Free Cornbread
- 1 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cups low fat milk (can substitute with lactaid milk, soymilk or almond milk)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Grease a 10″ cast iron skillet or an 8×8″ pan.
- In a small bowl combine cornmeal, baking powder, and salt and whisk well with a fork. In a medium sized bowl beat eggs and mix in honey, milk, and melted butter.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until just combined. Pour batter into prepared pan and place in oven.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until a knife or toothpick comes out clean when inserted into center of the bread. Allow to cool before cutting.
Recipe slightly adapted from: http://www.plantoeat.com/blog/2012/06/100-cornmeal-cornbread-gluten-free/